The Reactor wheel features an entirely new Carbon/Kevlar layup and epoxy that maximizes strength and dynamic feel, while reducing the chance of cracking a rim on a sharp rock. The rim is molded into an asymmetrical profile that produces nearly even tension in the spokes from side to side on the hub. This results in a stronger wheel with a very balanced feel when riding, but still maintains the weight reduction riders are looking for. Finally, we designed the rims with a smooth rim bed that allows for tubeless tire setup without needing tape. This wheel construction requires hand building, but allows for spoke replacement with any standard straight pull spoke in the event of a broken spoke.
We then designed and built a hubset to our exact needs to make a complete wheelset. This hubset features forged alloy components and precision bearings for smooth running and reliability. The hubs are modular so they will accommodate multiple axle types, freehub bodies, and even disc types. The front hub is our universal design and can accommodate both standard and boost spacing. The rear hubs feature a larger 17mm rear axle to resist bending under heavy drops and hits. Finally, we use forged spokes made by Sapim to our requirements, but we cut them to length and roll the threads ourselves. All of this results in a superior wheelset that will give you many miles of worry free riding anywhere you choose to ride.
- Proprietary Carbon/Kevlar layup for strength and crack resistance.
- Unique layup for better directional stability and vibration dampening.
- Stronger epoxy and precision molding technique.
- Asymmetrical rim profile for even spoke tension.
- Directionally drilled spoke holes.
- Rim shaped to deflect rock impacts.
- Smooth rim bed for tape free tubeless tire mounting.
GravityWorx straight pull hubs
- Strong forged alloy components in body, axles, and freehub bodies.
- Precision bearings and seals.
- Tool free assembly for easy maintenance.
- Universal front hub design for 100mm or 110mm in 1 hub.
- Centerlock and 6 bolt disc compatibility.
- Interchangeable freehub bodies.
- 17mm rear axle diameter.
- Interchangeable endcaps for all popular axle designs.
Spokes and nipples
- Forged Sapim spoke blanks we custom cut and roll.
- Cold forged alloy nipples with locking feature.
- Straight pull design is stronger and allows spokes to be replaced easily.
- 27.5" rim is 30mm internal/36mm external x 28mm deep carbon epoxy composite.
- Hubs are 100mm/110mm front 142mm/148mm rear.
- Endcaps are 5.5mm QR, 12mm TA, 15mm TA.
- Available freehub bodies are Shimano compatible and SRAM XD.
Size and weight
- 1590g pair with XD driver.
|Size||27.5" x 30mm internal x 36mm external x 28mm deep|
Reactor Carbon Wheelset - 30mm/36mm Asym - 27.5"
- Brands GravityWorx
- Product Code: Reactor 30 - 27.5
- Availability: 10