The SuperComp wheel features an entirely new carbon rim design that maximizes strength and stiffness while reducing vibrations felt through the wheel. It features a proprietary rim in rim design that require very precise layup and molding. This allows us to design a rim bead that resists cracking under hard impact, but still make the overall rim lighter and stronger. In addition to the unique layup, we are also using a stronger epoxy to bind the carbon. This epoxy better resists delamination of the carbon layup under direct impact. Another feature of our rims is an internally reinforced spoke-nipple seat with directionally molded spoke holes. This allows us to place the strength exactly where we need it without adding excess weight from unused reinforcement. Finally, we designed the rims with a smooth rim bed that allows for tubeless tire setup without needing tape.
We then designed and built a hubset to our exact needs to make a complete wheelset. This hubset features forged alloy components and precision bearings for smooth running and reliability. The hubs are modular so they will accommodate multiple axle types, freehub bodies, and even disc types. The front hub is our universal design and can accommodate both standard and boost spacing. The rear hubs feature a larger 17mm rear axle to resist bending under heavy drops and hits. Finally, we use forged spokes made by Sapim to our requirements, but we cut them to length and roll the threads ourselves. All of this results in a superior wheelset that will give you many miles of worry free riding anywhere you choose to ride.
- Proprietary rim in rim design for strength and crack resistance.
- Unique layup for better directional stability and vibration dampening.
- Stronger epoxy and precision molding technique.
- Internally reinforced spoke-nipple holes.
- Directionally molded spoke holes.
- Rim shaped to deflect rock impacts.
- Smooth rim bed for tape free tubeless tire mounting.
GravityWorx straight pull hubs
- Strong forged alloy components in body, axles, and freehub bodies.
- Precision bearings and seals.
- Tool free assembly for easy maintenance.
- Universal front hub design for 100mm or 110mm in 1 hub.
- Centerlock and 6 bolt disc compatibility.
- Interchangeable freehub bodies.
- 17mm rear axle diameter.
- Interchangeable endcaps for all popular axle designs.
Spokes and nipples
- Forged Sapim spoke blanks we custom cut and roll.
- Cold forged alloy nipples with locking feature.
- Straight pull design is stronger and allows spokes to be replaced easily.
- 29" rim is 25mm internal/35mm external x 28mm deep carbon epoxy composite.
- Hubs are 100mm/110mm front 142mm/148mm rear.
- Endcaps are 5.5mm QR, 12mm TA, 15mm TA.
- Available freehub bodies are Shimano compatible and SRAM XD.
Size and weight
- 1510g pair with XD driver.
|Size||29" x 25mm internal x 35mm external x 28mm deep|
SuperComp Carbon Wheelset - 25mm - 29"
- Brand: GravityWorx
- Product Code: SuperComp 25 - 29
- Availability: 10